Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 3, Sunday

Well, today wasn't as interesting as yesterday. It was alot of walking and oh my goodness at the people!!!! (By the way, I meant 1.3 million cars not billion on one of my previous remarks)We went to church this morning. It was really interesting, with one problem...Anthony and I and another couple got separated from the rest of our group and went into the bilingual service!! It was fine for us, but they had an interpreter and repeated everything, so it made for a long service and kinda interupted the message. It was good though, he talked about how we need to be disciples and go and preach the message to the world. It had alot of funny things too, but oveall it was good . The highlight was there were twin girls sitting behind us and you can see the picture I took with them. The one that is asleep is Rachel and the other one was Rebecca....wonder where those names came from????!!! They were 15 months old and had an older brother about 4. Beijing doesn't have a 1 child policy!! They were sooo cute, but I had a surreal moment..They said I could hold both of them and take a picture, but when I took Rebecca, she cried and turned back to her mom...I have a feeling that is what it is going to be like tomorrow..I almost cried!
So then we went to the jade factory, very nice...VERY expensive, but glad we got to go. You can see some of the jade statues, beautiful. Then we had lunch...can we just say WE WANT MCDONALDS!!????!! We are so tired of this type of Chinese food. We just want to go to Red Sun and eat! Oh well, then we went to the Tinamen Square and The Forbidden City. It was nice, but we were ALL so ready to get back and it was the same thing over and over alot! The information was cool, like the Emperior had a lady for every night of the year!! OH MY! Anthony said he can only handle one, what need is there for 365?? Neat things, lots of information, but WAY to many people.

We ALL got very angry with people coming up to us IN OUR FACES and asking us to buy something. Some people even got their shirts pulled on and that was just annoying. Because there are so many people, there is no personal space...Joy, you would go BONKERS!!! I would suggest you NOT come here! If it got me and Anthony a little angry, it would get EVERYONE angry. It's just they are really rude here. They push you if you are in the way and there is no excuse me!! It's really so different, and I am just ready to go and get my baby!

Beijing has very beautiful things like statues and trees and buildings. It has many bike riders and beautiful little girls and boys running around! It was very interesting being here, but I am ready to go to Chen Zhou!

Pictures are on next page. Tomorrow, when you open our blog, you will see our Olivia!! YEAH after two years, we finally get to hold our baby girl!! Oh my goodness, it's really real!

UNTIL GOTCHA DAY TOMORROW!! Love you all.

Boys, this is the one day I will really miss you and wish you could be here for, but we are videoing and you will get to see everything. We love you and miss you very much. Be good and do good getting up in the morning and being at school. WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: