Thursday, August 23, 2007

Last night in Changsha, Hunan, China

Well, we were told our plans for tomorrow. We have to have our luggage outside the door at 7am (6pm your time tonight) and we leave for the airport at 8. Our plane leaves as 10 (so say a little prayer around 9, bedtime, for us). Olivia has started running a fever, not too high, but almost 100. Her nose is really runny and she is kinda fussy, but today was the best day so far. She is really funny. She isn't the only one sick, there is one little one that had a 103.2 fever today. They are all having runny noses and pulling or rubbing their ears, so it could be ear infection or just teething, who knows???? We have a Dr. appointment Saturday (Chinese people work 7 days a week!! Yikes!!) so we will find out then. I do have antibiotics so if she does have an ear infection, then I can give it to her and have her well by the time we get home. I also have ear meds, so I will get her fixed up for all you before you get your grubby hands on her!! HAHAHA

We don't know how the internet is going to be in Guangzhou, but I am counting on it being just fine, fine enough to be able to post really soon. It might take a little while, but I am hoping to have pics of her first plane ride up before you get up Friday morning. It might be that afternoon, but we will try to get back as soon as possible.

Here are a few pics to leave you with though. Again, your prayers are being felt TREMENDOUSLY!!! Thank you!!!
Thank you God for all the blessings that have been given to us!! If ever we wondered if You were there, this whole process has taught us that You are always there!! Keep us safe through all the next 5 flights to get us to our family and friends safely. Again, YOU are Almighty and we will continue to praise YOU for YOU are worthy!!!

We love you all and can't wait for this week to go by fast!! Bye until tomorrow!!




This "picture" was embroired by hand by a man. It took him 15 months! The WHOLE thing is embroired, even the background (except for the flash light in the middle, sorry, Anthony didn't think it would turn out without the flash!)It is gorgeous. Just thought you might like to see how beautiful!!

This one Anthony says is for you Russ. She's getting her first ear full of Christian music and guess who it is??? Yep, Chris Tomlin. She really liked it! It might not look like it but she kept the earphones on for a while!!

This one is just cute. Recognize the outfit Joy?? It's still pretty big, it's 9 months, but I thought she could wear it for a little while!! They are supposed to be capri's and it's pants right now!! :)She looked "American" Anthony said...really cute though!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of this is really getting to me! I'm ready to see my son, ready to see my daughter-in-law, and READY to see my precious new grandbaby!!! Get back to your LIFE already, Ha Ha No seriously, this is awful! The Waiting! Oh Mysty,your blog had me at hello!!! WOW! I was crying from the start! I read it 4 times since the boys left for school. Thanks for keeping us up on everything.It really helps on the homefront. I don't see how we could possibly survive without it... She is simply ADORABLE!!! I surely hope she gets well quickly!!! You three get some good sleep so you'll be all rested for the flight.. God go with you on the plane and may HE grant you safety and a pleasant flight and even some flavorful food! (Olivia's 1st airplane ride) Much Love And Many Prayers, MOM(NANA)

Unknown said...

what very precious photos! Have a great trip

Anonymous said...

Will, another day is almost passed and I only have an hour until I get off work and head to byhalia to the family.
I look at the pictures and my heart leaps in my throat knowing we will get to see all of you soon. I pray for your safety and that Olivia will not get sick! Hope you have conections for your lap top when you get to Guangzhou. It would be terrable for us not to be able to see what is going on over there.
Love, Dad/Papaw Willie

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I check this blog atleast three times a day! It is so great to see and hear what is going on. I love to see all of the BEAUTIFUL pictures. Cortney loves the one of Mysty holding a sleeping Olivia! He said that you look so beautiful! We miss you and can't wait to see you again! Love you!! Kristi & Cort

Anonymous said...

Yep, You def. have to lower her crib before she sleeps in it. (of course im sure that will be a while) Im sure yall just hate that she wants to be held so much. I guess you wont be able to do any house work when you get home. (darn) Russ and I love the photo of her with the head phones. Her face is so funny. I told you her and russ will be buds. They already have two things in common McDonalds and Chris Tomlin. Hopefully I will get in there somehow. Cant wait for next Thursday. You kids are doing great. Just ready for yall to come home and meet their sis. I think its hilarious that they already have decided who gets to hold her first. Hope all goes well on the plane. talk to you soon.
Heather