Friday, July 13, 2007

We received her translation!



Well, we know a little more about our little girl. First of all, she was found in front of the orphanage with her cord still attached. She had on a hat and was in a long onesie. She weighed 6.2 pds and was 18 inches long. No abnomalities. She did get jaundice at 3 days old (I had jaundice and so did Zack and Cameron) but it was gone by day 7. She lost her unbilical cord on day 5. Get this..she loves to be touched on the face and hands, talked to and accompanied. Her favorite activity is being held...that's my baby girl. She laughs when played with or tickled, can hold her head up while on her stomach and plays with toys without knowing she is holding them. She also loves her hands and plays with them. I did find out that she likes to be rocked!! YEAH!! I can use the rocking chair in her room. I think also by what I read that she is really small. Not malnutrioned, but small. They are having to give her quite a few vitamins and things for her growth. That's okay, I am glad that she is small if she is healthy!!
Just thought you might want to know what else we found out about her. We will send in our final paperwork Monday and that's all the paperwork until we leave!! YEAH! Keep Olivia in your prayers that she stays healthy and pray again that TA's will come quickly!
In His love, Mysty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will be praying for your sweet girl!

Lana said...

Yay!! I'm glad you posted this info. . .I remember most of our conversation the other night, but Jasen came to bed at the wee hours of the morning and he said that I was saying "Mysty, hello, Mysty, are you there?" he asked me what was wrong, and I said "oh, I don't remember hanging up with Mysty" and then I passed back out!!! Par for the course for me and midnight conversations!!! I can't wait to hold this baby!! I mean. . .I'm not sure that you will be able to pry her from my fingers!!! Love you!