Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Update on Olivia

Went to the Dr. and found out that Olivia has Broncholitis. She, like Mary and Molly, is on a nebulizer for a few days. She is also on steriods, antibiotic (because both of her ears are red) and something to dry her up called DAllergy! This morning she is actually talking. We haven't really heard her voice in 2-3 days. She still isn't taking much more than a bottle, but that's okay, she is getting some nutrition and liquids. I laid her down for a nap this morning and she slept IN HER BED for 2 hours!! That's the first time since Sunday night that she slept in her bed. I have been holding her on the couch for the past 2 nights becuase she needs to be propped up. I tried putting the top of her bed up, but she always woke up and she woke up coughing really bad, so I think she felt so bad that she woke up when I wasn't holding her and then got upset so the coughing started. There were a few times I was watching on the monitor and she did wake herself up coughing and it was so sad to see her do that. I guess she knew it was going to hurt becuase she automatically cried BIG alligator tears, made a horrible face and coughed until she was gagging! She hasn't done that so bad this morning. She has had 2 breathing treatments, and oh my goodness it's horrible holding her down...she's is a brut!! I am hoping tomorrow will be even better because she is in a beauty pagent Saturday and her eyes are still kinda "sick" looking. Also, she hasn't smiled much and she HAS to smile...that could make or break us maybe hahaha! Anyway, I think we are getting a little better. Maybe tonight she will sleep in her bed like she has been before she got sick!! PRAY SHE DOES!!

On another note, my youngest Chase, made the basketball team at his middle school. We are so proud of him. He is short, and we all know white men can't jump~ haha, but he made it. He is a GREAT shooter and hustler though. I am glad that he made it because their coach seems to be wonderful, Chase needs to do something like this, and he went to school Monday not feeling good because it was the last day of tryouts!! That's determination.

Oh well. I will post more later. I think she is finished eating her melties and ready to get down now...Until later....

No comments: