Monday, September 24, 2007

Olivia is sick!

Well, it's been a crazy weekend in our house. It really started last Monday when Cameron called and asked me to come and check him out of school because he had a HORRIBLE cold. His chest, stomach, head, and throat hurt and it burned his nose to breathe, well really he could only breathe through his mouth. He sounded horrible and when he got home he had a 99.7 temp, so...I kept him home Tuesday and took him to the Dr. because I was already taking Chase for a physical for the basketball team. She gave him some meds that cleared him up so fast, he went back to school on Wednesday and I took him off the meds on Sat because it was making his throat so dry that he couldn't get enough of any drink...so now he's better.

Well, Saturday Olivia seemed fine, but Chase started feeling bad. He then started running a 99.7 temp and felt horrible, so I tended to him and started giving him the meds that the Dr. gave Cameron because it was the same symptoms. He stayed home from Church Sunday, which is a BIG deal, all three of my kids hate missing church, but he felt horrible. Well, Sat night Olivia started feeling warm, but I didn't check her temp. She was irritable, but I didn't think anything of it, well Sunday it started. She started with a 100.7 temp, and that is the lowest it has been. I think it got o 99.7 once, but didn't stay there long. Since Sunday night, we have dealt with almost a steady 102 sometimes 102.4. I am alternating Tylenol and Motrin, giving her baths, giving her the meds the Dr. told me to over the counter, I just put a humidifier in her room! She is NOT feeling well. She cries or whimpers all day long, and last night, Sunday night, we were awake every hour on the hour from 1:30-7:00, well, Olivia and I were. Chase went to school and is feeling alot better, thank you God for that! Olivia on the other hand, I am just now able to lay her down for the night and it's 1:32. I propped the head of her bed up and I hope that helps her sleep. She is rattling pretty bad and I heard it in her lungs today. I have no idea what is going on, but I am taking her to the Dr. as soon as they can get me in tomorrow morning. They said they will probably give me a nebulizer for her, but I hope they take an X-Ray of her chest to make sure it's not pneumonia or something. Her mucous is really thick and she is constantly gaging on it. It's really gross, but that's what is going on.

Keep us in your prayers and pray that this household gets better. It's hard on me when more than one is sick, but I am the mommy so I guess I can handle it!! :) I really just hate it when they are like this, I can't fix it on my own and I don't like it. I know they are going to get sick and that's okay, I just hate it when it's in the middle of the night, which is when it always happens, and I have to wait until morning to try to take them somewhere to help them!! Oh well, I have prayed over them so I will just have to let God do what He's best at!! I will try to post what the Dr. says tomorrow!

Here are a few more pics of her NOT sick!! We went to a FCC (Families with Children from China) picnic and here are some pics from there. They loved her, esp the little girls, and she was the youngest there!! Everyone was so pleased at all she is doing and they all thought she was just gorgeous, although some do think that she is mixed, with what they didn't know, but they thinks it's pretty obvious. That's okay, she still my gorgeous little Chinese daughter and we are extremely blessed and honored to have her.

Here are some pics from an FCC (Families with Chinese Children) campout that we went to Saturday. I don't know how many were there, but it was over 100. There were beautiful Chinese girls and boys all over the place! Alana, Sam and Julie were there and some of the friends of Alana's that were in her orphanage! It's really neat to see them all. Johna and her husband are waiting for their second one, but they are contemplating dropping out because they are LATE in 2006 and don't know if they should/can wait that long. That is a prayer concern. God, please show them clearly what they need to do in this situation!! They, along with the other parents, are wonderful parents and it's so good to have a group that we can get together and see all the other little girls where Olivia knows that she's not alone, well her and Alana, and that there are other families blessed with little girls from China too!
Until tomorrow....

Johna had to put her on the ground so that the girls could get as close as possible to her. HAHA

They all wanted to see her.

She stayed in her stroller for a good bit, maybe because it was sooo hot and she could still see everything.

Cameron, Olivia and me on a hayride, with Julie on the side hahaha

Tati and Rose finally get to hold her hands!! They were so excited! Can you believe that Tati is only 4?? She is so big!! All the girls were so beautiful. These are two of Alana's friends!!

No comments: