Thursday, September 20, 2007

1 month since Gotcha Day, I'm 10 months old!

We cannot believe that one month from today, we saw, held, touched and and became parents of our BEAUTIFUL baby girl!! Also, how amazing is it that we did all that on her 9 month "birthday??" Well, to try to explain how that day felt would take WAY too much time but let's just say that your heart can't burst open much more or you will die when your kids are born, and this way NO different. Our hearts were so full of Joy that's it's just remarkable. How do you love a little girl that you have never even held as much as we did??? God, that's it, God. He put her in our hearts and she had lived there for 2 years, so when we saw her and she saw us...it was just like she had just come from my womb. No kidding, it really was just like that. Giving birth to my boys was the best thing that I could imagine going through, until this adoption. Olivia IS our daughter and although I didn't give birth to her, she has been ours from the beginning of time. God just made us wait a LONG time, but oh my, it really was worth the wait. I wish I could say something different there, but I can't. Everyone says it, but it is true!
I took these pictures today to send to my agency so they could see how big and beautiful she was, so I thought that you would like to see them too. She is crawling all over the house, eating dust bunnies, paper, chips and not least of all...BUGS!! I really didn't know that I had all this on my floors, so...I have to watch my little vacuum closely or there is no telling what she might eat!

She does know who we are. The other day we had her blocked off in the living room and I was in the kitchen cooking. I kept walking back and forth and would look in there to see what she was doing, well, she was watching me!! When she realized that I wasn't stopping what I was doing to get her, she yelled, "MaMa!!" I kid you not. I laughed so hard and it was so cute that I had to go and give her a big hug!! She loves it when Anthony comes in...she just jumps for joy and has the biggest grin and that goes for the boys too. Recently, her feet haven't hit the ground from 3:00-6:00 because they just keep giving her to one or the other, but they love it so I love it! I can't believe how they have taken to her. They truly love her, again, like she has always been here. They love to hold her in public, I guess she's a chic magnet or something, but I have to tell them NO!!!

She is getting braver and letting go of what she pulled up on, but she almost immediately falls on her behind, so she's not quite ready, but she's ready to try!!
She is truly a ham. She loves to laugh and jump. She is really a happy baby most of the time. People can't believe how happy she is, but hey, she's loved and taken well care of, why not be happy, right?

We are all truly smittened by her and I don't think it should be any other way!
Thank you God for this true blessing. This could only be of Your hands and we are so grateful that You used us to accompish Your plan. Help us as we raise her to learn about You and all the things You are to us and all the things that You have blessed us with, including all 4 of my wonderful children. Be with us as we are "new" parents again and let her always know that she was given to us by You, and that we love her more than she will ever know. Thank you for our 4 children and help us to be a close family, growing and loving in YOUR name!!!

Until later...


Such a happy and beautiful baby girl!

She just learned how to "zerbert" so this is her doing it!! Funny huh???

For those of you wondering, that is a bruise above her left eye, our right! She had a fall and it left a mark, but she's fine. It's already going away!! Poor baby!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I think I bought her that shirt. Isnt she pretty. the bruise looks worse in the pics than it does in person