Saturday, August 18, 2007

The ride to China






Well, sorry it's taken so long for us to write, but the whole converter thing just didn't work out. We brought 3, but still had to go to "Wal-Mart" and buy another thing. I really thought that we were going to blow something up..there was smoke and well, a big spark that came of of the plug, but now as you can see, we have it fixed!!!

Well, to start off with, for those of you praying and those of you conerned for me and my first flying experience, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I still don't really like the fact of being in the air with nothing under us and all that stuff, but the last plane ride, I rode by the window!!! YEAH!! It was really LONG we were very glad to be on the ground for a few days. The connections were easy and all of our flights were on time or even early. Japan was neat. Anthony said to me, "Well Mysty, it's official!" I said, "What is official?" He said, "I am officially the fattest person in this airport!!" I laughed out loud when he said that. They were either really little or sumo types, and not many of those. It was a really nice airport and that plane ride from their to Beijing was the best flight. We had TV's in the headrest in front of everyone..Anthony and I played a game against eachother but didn't finish because they served supper. Oh, the suppers, well, they were pretty good. Really small portions, but good. They fed us enough that I didn't eat but one snack bag and the only reason I ate that was because I was nervous. I only took one of my pills, and it was because on the 747 we were in the middle and I felt a little claustrophobic. We saw Alaska from the sky, and a little of Canada and ALOT of the Pacific Ocean, but it was all beautiful in the air.

We made it to Beijing on time but had to wait for another airline to get out of our spot and here, they are on NO time limit, so it made us 10:20 getting through customs and getting our luggage and then 10:30 getting to the hotel. It is a Radisson and it's okay, but I think it's one of the lowest quality we will be staying in. The lobby is wonderful and BIG but the rooms are just okay. Anthony and I do get to sleep in the same bed though and this weekend might be the last time until we get home, so we are glad it's one bed.

WE WERE EXHAUSTED!! And we would have been safer on the plane than riding in the taxi here. They have NO LAWS!! No speed limit, no rules whatsoever and you know when you are driving and someone is coming over into your lane with signal and all, we just slow down right?? Not here, they honk and honk and never move. They will hit someone before they will move, including people. No pedestrians right of way here. Very scarry!! If we lived here, Zack, you WOULD NOT get your license...if you even have to have one here!! HAHAHA

Anyway, we got to our room and was told to be ready to go at 8 so we got about 5 hours of sleep after being up about 26! SOOO.. We are really glad to be here and can't wait to go our tomorrow. Here are some pics from the plane ride and things. Hope you enjoy. Will type more later!! Love you all!!

No comments: