Saturday, August 4, 2007

12 DAYS LEFT!!

I was just sitting here looking at all the new referrals that came in, remembering the way I felt at this time last month and just had to write a few words. I look at the pictures that we "think" is Olivia, and I just get so teary-eyed. I just think that in 16 days, we will be holding our daughter, who we have been waiting for, through this adoption, for 21 months!! I have always wanted a daughter and the Lord saw fit for me to have 3 of the most precious, sweet, gorgeous, gentle boys ever. Now, don't get me wrong, they do have faults, but I think the good qualities cover their bad most of the time!! I have truly been blessed with my boys, but always knew that I wanted a little girl, a daughter, to call my own!! This truly is a blessing from God and we are so blessed to be able to do something like this. I think this is why God gave me 3 sons, because He knew that we would be doing this and without a "birth" daughter, this thought might not have entered our minds. Now don't get me wrong, WE KNOW that God's will would be accomplished no matter what, but our minds sometimes try to get in the way, so although we know that God had Olivia for us all along, I personally think it took me having 3 boys to see it clearly!!

Anyway, I am sooo excited, scared, anxious, worried, and just really elated to go and get Olivia. We are soooo going to miss our boys because we have never been away from them for more than 5 nights, they are in school, they are getting switched around, to great people, but nontheless, switched around and we are going to be worried about them!! We know it will be fine, but it's still going to be hard! They will be on our minds greatly, but what an opportunity.
All three boys came up to me tonight and said,"Momma, I want my sister!!" and they didn't hear the other one say it...how loved is she going to be???

Well, I am going now. Chase has a bad ear infection that I had to go to Walgreens at 12:00 for meds. His ear is swollen about 3xs what it should be, the ear opening is NOT OPEN!! He can't hear anything and he's in pain. My children HATE to miss church. They have had 103 degree fever and still mad at me for keeping them from going to church and tonight Chase asked if he could stay home...he has to feel bad. Pray for him. School starts Monday and he DOESN'T need to be sick!!

I am really going now. Thanks for being interested in our family enough to read all this "stuff!" I love having this. I hope you like reading it.
So, until later....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blog and I love to read about your family. I can wait until you post your daughters face. YOur wait is almost over!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Only 9 days left!! I didn't realize that we are so close to Hong Kong Disneyland! What do you think? Should we try to go when we land? Spend a day at Disneyland?
David