Thursday, June 14, 2007

The wait!


This has been one of the hardest things to do...wait and wait and wait. You think 9 months seems like forever, try over two years!! If I were an elephant I would have had my baby by now....now that's long!!! But...we wait!

Alot of things have gone on through the wait. Alot of emotions have been felt during this time. It really has been, what the Rumor Queen people call, a rollercoaster ride. At times you are as excited as can be, but other times you are so far in the valley that you can't seem to even see the grass. This has been for me a test of patience and faith. God has shown me Himself through so many things, that I can't even begin to write them all down. All I know is that when money was needed, money came. When heartache came, He sent something positive. When I wanted to give up, and yes, that crossed my mind on a few occasions, He showed me this was something that HE put in our hearts to do and HE was going to get us through it. We have been blessed beyond measure with this whole adoption...this GOD given adoption.

My boys have helped me through this time. My husband has helped me. The boys have gotten so tired of waiting and that hurts worse than me waiting. I am just so blessed to have my boys, all 4 of them. Zackery graduated from the 8th grade and will be in the 9th next year...HIGH SCHOOL!! Cameron is going into the 7th grade and Chase into the 5th. I am so proud of them. Anthony only has one more year of school and he will have his Master of Divinity...sooo proud of him. I am very blessed with my boys and can't wait to see what God has in store for us with our little girl...who WILL be spoiled but the way!! I really think the men are going to be the biggest ones to spoil her, but all she has gone through in her life...I think it will be fine to spoil her. We will be so blessed to have her!!

Well, that's some about us !! In about 3 weeks, hopefully, we see Olivia's face. Pray that it comes fast and that we get our travel arrangements fast to go and get her. There have been a lot of disappointments during this time, but we have been told that once her picture is in our hands, all the wait and feelings of pain and disappointment will diminish. I guess it's like labor pains, you really do forget once you hold your precious one!! Stay with us through our journey and watch our beautiful family become even more beautiful and even more blessed!!!

No comments: